Here is a new OS update for the RetroMini (RS-90). Note that it may very well be the last update for this handheld, since it is pretty much feature-complete, and as far as I can see, pretty much stable too.
- Based on Linux v5.9-rc7 and Buildroot 2020.08.
- Fixed out-of-memory issues at boot.
- Fix overall performance issues of the 2020-01-06 release.
- Added support for paletted 8bpp.
- Added support for the IPU. Only multi-planar YUV 4:4:4 can be used. This pixel mode can be used in SDL1 by calling SDL_SetVideoMode with bpp=24 and SDL_YUV444 set in the flags.
- Fix quick key presses being missed.
- ExFat-formatted SD cards are now supported.
- zram swap now uses LZO as the compressor. It seems to be the one that gives the best performance overall.
- And lots of cleanups that aren't noteworthy enough to appear on this list.
The update OPK can be downloaded here:
OpenDingux 2020-10-04 update OPK.
You MUST be running the 2020-01-06 release to run the update.
An updated toolchain can be downloaded here:
OpenDingux 2020-10-04 toolchain.
After extracting the toolchain, be sure to run the relocate-sdk.sh script, so that it can work from the directory you extracted it to.